February 8, 2016



 RECOVERY (Personal)


  Recovery dates stir up numerous emotions. On one end, they are a visceral reminder of the precise, dark moment that desperation rained down sufficiently enough to initiate changing a life. On the other, they inspire promise for the future and a beacon light of hope to those who are in pre-contemplation or have recently initiated recovery. Recollection of the journey traveled, however, is my source of greatest pleasure. My path of recovery has filled my life with key achievements, true friends, and countless blessings. I have a rekindled sense of purpose and the trust and admiration of my family. I cherish being of service to my peers. The ability to dream and set goals has been reawakened. I have been blessed to share in a loving relationship with an amazing woman. I can truly say that I am comfortable in my own skin for the first time in my life. I am extremely grateful for all of these immense gifts that are all due to my recovery journey. As much as I would like to say, “It’s just a day,” the truth is celebrating my recovery date is very important. I would not change a thing in my past, for it has led me to the most fulfilling two years of my life, which are definitely worth a celebration. ~ Thomas Wylie

No comments:

Post a Comment