February 17, 2016

 

RECOVERY (Personal)


It doesn’t feel like I have been sober for two years. Maybe it’s because I don’t fight it anymore. Maybe it’s because each 24 hour period no longer seems like years of suffering without adequate rest or nourishment, or because the hardest decision I have to make today is what I am going to eat for lunch. It’s probably because life doesn’t seem too complicated when I stay out of the way and put my faith into a power much bigger than I am. The moment I stopped fighting was the moment I was able to enjoy being alive again. Forget about the fact that I now have a car and a place to live, those material things come and go. Today I can wake up excited about the future instead of dreading the idea of living another minute. Today I can be helpful to people instead of manipulating them and robbing them blind. I’ll take peace of mind over a new car any day. ~ Ryan Addkison

No comments:

Post a Comment